Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lillith

(continued.)

ch.2

I fold my trench coat in half, and lay it across the back of the couch in my apartment. Walking past the bathroom I catch a glimpse of a woman's dark brown hair, My dark brown hair. I sigh as I enter the bed room and go to the oak vanity. I gently run my fingers over your picture on the mirror. You were wearing a sun dress that day. Well, until I tripped and you got slices of watermelon tossed at you. I giggled at the memory.

I stripped off the damp clothes as I walked to the bathroom, leaving them in the hallway. A mess to be tamed latter. I stood naked in front of the bathroom mirror, looking at myself. Trying to look Into myself. Dark brown hair, longer then I remember. Baby blue eyes more pained then ever resting in a sickly pale coloured body. I look and look, only to realize this isn't the lilly I know. This couldn't be me, but it is. This girl staring back at me, looking nothing like she should, is me. she's who I've become.
Sighing, I turn on my heels and pull back the shower curtain just enough to step in and turn the water to hot. Standing under that drizzling water is what must be keeping me alive, my only alone time.

I wash and rinse off, exiting the shower. i grab the fuzzy and worn black towel and wrap it around myself, folding it into a close where my shoulder and breast meet. I step to the mirror, wiping away the steam with my palm. Grabbing the brush on the counter top i take one last look at this strange girl in the mirror. the girl who should be me, but isnt. Slowly the knots fade from my wet hair and it eventually straightens. hastily i open the top drawer and grasp my shears. Another glance at the mirror and my choice is made; the hair falls to the floor chunk by falling chunk. cutting away this unknown lillith.

----------------------------------------------

again, not finished. and sorry its taken so long. lifes been.....hectic to say the least. i do plan on continuing this. but this will just be a short story, whilst im writing my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment